Please join us for a Pancake Breakfast on the second Saturday of each month, from 8 to 10am. The next breakfast will be held on Saturday, October 14th.
There is no charge but donations will be gratefully accepted to provide funds for the local Family Housing Support. Working in collaboration with the WARM Center, we provide emergency housing to meet the most basic needs of families with children.
The Mission Committee of Dunns Corners Church hosts a Pancake Breakfast on the second Saturday of each month. Breakfasts at other churches are held as follows:
Third Saturday of each month from 8 to 10am at the Church of the Holy Spirit Episcopal, 4150 Old Post Road, Charlestown.
First Saturday of each month from 8 to 10am at the Cross Mills Baptist Church, 4403 Old Post Road, Charlestown.
Adult Music Programs
• Glory Ringers: This handbell choir is for adult beginners. Ringing lessons, handbell notation, and basic music education are the focus of this ensemble. Beginners are welcome anytime. Rehearsals: Thursdays from 5:45 to 6:10 pm.
• Community Church Ringers: The ability to read music is necessary to jump into this ensemble as we regularly play HMA Level 3-4 arrangements. Rehearsals: Thursdays from 6:15 to 7:20 pm.
• Chancel Choir: The Chancel Choir is the primary musical ensemble of our church, providing weekly leadership during worship. Its role is to lead and encourage congregational singing and to present anthem offerings that inspire singers and listeners alike. Rehearsals: Thursdays from 7:30 to 9:00 pm
Youth Music Programs with Mr. Wallace:
• High School Bell Choir: All youth grades 8 and above are welcome to participate in this truly energetic handbell program. The youth present music in worship several times each year. Rehearsals on Sundays from 11:15 to 11:45 am.
• High School Ring Out: Saturday, November 11th in Amherst, NH from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. Registration due by October 8th.
• Youth Choir: All children and youth are welcome to participate in this vocal program. Rehearsals on Sundays, 11:15 to 11:45 am. The choir will sing in worship on Sunday, October 22nd.
• Youth Bell Choir: Our program for youth focuses on developing handbell ringing skills and musicianship. Open to youth in Grades 5 through 8. Stay tuned to bulletin announcements for rehearsal dates.
• Chime Choir: No musical knowledge or experience is necessary. Our program for children focuses on music education and gaining experiencing ringing hand chimes. Stay tuned to bulletin announcements for rehearsal dates.
Rev. Wayne Eberly is currently leading two Disciple Bible Studies. The class on Tuesday mornings is held from 9:00-11:00 am. A slightly shorter version of the study is held on Wednesday nights from 7:15-8:30 pm.
Disciple is an overview of the whole Bible. Participants have their own study guide with daily readings, and the weekly class includes video lectures from outstanding scholars.
We have a great group studying at both Tuesday morning and Wednesday evening classes. If you’d like to join, please talk to Rev. Wayne about getting a study guide.
Teen Team meets on Tuesdays from 6 to 8pm. Please see our Youth Director, Michael Walton during Sunday service or email DunnsCCTeenTeam@gmail.com for additional details.
The high school members of our Teen Team have begun a community collaborative program with students and student leaders from Juanita Sanchez High School in Providence. The group’s initial meeting has taken place at DCCCP. Please keep this group in your thoughts and look out for upcoming projects and initiatives!
Our youth group has a mission statement! We felt it important to capture the essence of our group in a statement and collectively decided on this: “The DCCCP Teen Team is a youth group geared towards acceptance, inspiration and fun—serving God, our community, and each other.”
We will have lunch together at The Haversham on Monday, Oct. 16th at noon. This is a time to relax and enjoy visiting with one another. Lunch will be followed by a very brief business meeting.
On Saturday, Oct. 21st, the women of Dunns Corners Church have been invited to attend a “Community Women’s Fellowship Tea” by the ladies at Central Baptist Church. Lunch will be served as well and this event is open to all women in the area.
Let women of faith encourage each other!
Fall enrollment for the Early Learning Center (three through 5 years old) and Kid Kare (K through 4th grade) is underway.
We offer flexible fun and affordable childcare. Please spread the word. We can be reached at (401) 322– 0510 and 322-8600.
Diamonds (70+) Celebrate Worship and Luncheon on Tuesday, October 10th, at 11:30 a.m.
Worship in the Sanctuary will be followed by luncheon at noon in Fellowship Hall.
Menu: Pork Loin, Roasted Potatoes, Vegetable, Gravy, and Brownies and Ice Cream for Dessert
Sign up on the bulletin board in Fellowship Hall or call the Church Office at (401) 322-0655; let us know if you need a ride.
The Deacons of Dunns Corners Church will serve dinner on Saturday, October 7th, at 5pm for 30+ people at the WARM Homeless Shelter, Spruce Street, Westerly.
Sign up on the bulletin board in Fellowship Hall to bring a dish. Deliver the dish to the church kitchen on Saturday morning. (Perishable items go in the refrigerator). The Deacons will serve the meal Saturday evening at the WARM Shelter.
The Deacons are organizing a ministry for those who are not able to be with us for worship on Sunday mornings. We will make a CD recording of our Sunday morning worship service and then either deliver it or mail it to those unable to attend. We are already receiving names of those who want to receive the recording.
Please spread the word about this, as we believe this can be a very meaningful way to strengthen our family of faith by sharing God’s love and reaching out. Contact the church office with names of those who might welcome these weekly recordings.
We are grateful to our new Deacon Bob Bonafede who is spearheading this ministry.