Dunns Corners Community Church Presbyterian is a mission-driven community of friends, called to be God’s hands, hearts and voices here on earth. All programs of the Church are open to you. We invite you to join this loving, vibrant and growing congregation.
- This Saturday morning we are hosting the monthly Pancakes with a Purpose to benefit the Family Housing Support. The breakfast is from 8-10 am and all donations go toward the three apartments that are now being used to house families who otherwise would face homelessness. This ministry is touching lives in a real and meaningful way. Come and eat some delicious pancakes that serve a great purpose.
- Several members of our youth group have been hard at work preparing a liturgical dance for our 10 am worship service this Sunday morning. It is a beautiful dance piece set to the music of the anthem “Eagle’s Wings”, which our choir will be singing. To have young people expressing their love for God and their trust in his guidance and protection through the gift of dance is a powerful testimony of faith.
• Rev Eberly will be leading a Bible Study on the Gospel of Luke, beginning on Wednesday evening, February 17th at 7:00 pm, immediately following our Vesper Service. Everyone is invited to participate.
• We will also be publishing a list of daily readings in the Gospel of Luke, so that beginning on the day after Ash Wednesday you can use the 40 days of Lent to read through Luke’s Gospel. With the weekly Bible Study and the daily readings in Luke, the invitation is to spend Lent with the Gospel of Luke.
- God’s Path Seekers (GPS), our outreach for the children of the church and the community meets this Friday night at6 pm. Help us spread the word about this monthly event that combines food, fun, fellowship, and growing in faith.
- Tuesday night, February 9th, our youth group hosted the Speak Out To Reach Out Youth Rally for all the youth in Westerly. We had a tremendous turnout. Our youth team, adult sponsors, and many volunteers did a fantastic job. One head count had 100 youth and adults at the rally, and the speakers, including our own Michael Walton all did a great job sharing life stories and examples about hard work, perseverance, setting goals, and trusting in God. We are blessed as a church to have such a strong and active youth fellowship, and we believe this will be the first of many other outreach events as we seek to share the hope and love of God with our community.
More news, projects and upcoming events . . .
Together we have been called to a ministry that touches every age, every stage, and every life. What a gift that God has called us together to be His Church at such a time as this!
Our 10pm Christmas Eve service featured a beautiful Cantata.Thank you to Director Andy Wallace, Pianist Grace Urrico and our Choir Members and Musicians for this musical tribute to the birth of our Lord.
May we all live our days with grateful hearts, celebrating the gift of life,
and worshiping the One who has given us this precious gift.